Gaming? Sure. Work? Sure. Both at the same time? Absolutely.
The brains; HULKSMASH
(I’m a bit of a Hulk fanboy and built the machine about 3 days after seeing Avengers.)
- Case: NZXT Phantom
- Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
- Processor: Intel I7-3770k
- CPU Fan: Zalman 135mm
- Memory: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-2133 (4×4)
- Video Card: EVGA GTX680 SC Signature + Backplate
- Power Supply: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W
- Primary (OS/Apps): OCZ Vertex 3 Max-Iops 120GB SATA3
- Secondary (Apps): OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SATA3
- Data 1/Cache: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 750GB (Internal)
- Data 2: Western Digital 2TB USB
- Soundbar: Vizio VHT215 + Subwoofer
- USB Hub: Belkin 4-port USB 2.0
- Headphones: Logitech G930 (Wireless)
- Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70
- Mouse: Razer Naga Epic
- Scanner: NeatDesk
- Router: Cisco Linksys E3000
- Power/UPS: CyberPower 1500AVR
- NVIDIA Surround: [3x] Dell 24” LCD (S2409W)
- Accessory: Insignia 42” LED LCD
I will show my connection configuration since I had a hard time getting the surround + accessory display cooperating (as can be seen here and here).
I purchased a Triple Monitor Stand (Clamp Style) with the intent to fabricate something to mount it to the wall since I have a glass surface desk. I cut a 2×6 down to a few inches longer than the measured stud-space and bolted a portion of the desk clamp to the back side of the wood block. Finally I mounted the wood block to the two surrounding studs with stainless steal lag-bolts, wedging the monitor stand between the wall and the block. My fiance wasn’t a huge fan of a bare wood block and I wasn’t going to take time to paint it and let it dry, so she got creative with a place-mat to make it look cleaner… I think it turned out great, and its very sturdy.
On to the pictures of how it sits today, taken just after installing the soundbar.
These pictures were taken before the soundbar joined the ‘team’.
Here is a short video showing NVIDIA Surround with an accessory display with a dreamscene (video wallpaper).
4 thoughts to “Components of my Home Office… Gaming & Work – “The Work(battle)station””
where did you get your giant hulk decal? As a marvel fanboy myself i would love me some giant spiderman decal – Azaile
Azaile – its made by RoomMates and it was purchased on Amazon.
Omgoooodness i’ve got tears in my eyes! This is AMAZING!
Amazing, I NEED this!